Travel to an era of opulence and craft in three of Clinton Hill’s turn-of-the-century structures!
Our Lady Queen of All Saints: A soaring century-old parish church. The white stone gothic structure styled after Paris’ Sainte Chapelle features original woodwork and rare four manual organ. Fourteen mosaic windows along the nave portraying 260 biblical subjects were restored in the 1970s. Original glass and iron ornamentation predating the Church remain in tact at the Pratt Library. Tiffany Glass & Decorating Co. designed the interior of Brooklyn’s first free library in 1896.
The Pratt Library: An extensive collection on visual arts and creative writing on uniquely decorative stacks and glass flooring.
Caroline Ladd Pratt House: Now home to the president of Pratt Institute; it is one of four mansions built by Charles Pratt for his sons. The Caroline Ladd Pratt House’s luxurious parlor rooms and second-floor stained glass windows are New York City treasures.